Grilled Parmesan Garlic and Basil Corn on the Cob is a delicious use of sweet, seasonal corn. Sweet corn on the cob is grilled then topped with fresh Parmesan, roasted garlic butter and fresh basil for the best barbecue side dish.
This is my first grilling recipe of the season so I wanted to make it a good one. I’ve been looking forward to corn season all year and as soon as I saw fresh corn on the cob was available to me, I bought a lot!
To remove husks or not to remove husks?
You have a couple of options when it comes to cooking and/or presentation with corn on the cob. If you want an impressive presentation, leave the husks on, just pull them pack and wrap in foil for the first few minutes of grilling so they don’t burn.
It also helps to spray them with water to prevent them drying out. If you’re not too bothered about the presentation, remove them completely.
Can you wrap them in foil?
Yes, but I like the char the the corn gets from putting them directly onto the grill.
So much flavor
There are a few flavor elements going on in the toppings for the corn. Starting with the roasted garlic butter. If you like garlic, you will LOVE roasted garlic. Roasting takes the strong garlic flavor away and turns the cloves into sweet, nutty gems.
The garlic is simply wrapped in foil with oil and roasted alongside the corn on the grill. You can also adjust the amount of garlic flavor to your taste. If you’re a crazy garlic lover, add all the cloves, if you’re not, just add a few, you can taste as you mix it into the butter.
The roasted garlic butter serves as a delicious glue for the Parmesan cheese, basil mix. Plain, unsalted butter is brushed onto the cobs before they are grilled. The garlic butter is then rubbed onto the warm, cooked cobs before sprinkling with the Parmesan and basil. These will be your new favorite summer side dish.
If you’ve tried Grilled Parmesan Garlic and Basil Corn on the Cob or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see daily recipe updates.
- 1 bulb garlic, very top cut off to expose cloves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 ears of corn, husks pulled back or removed
- 3 tablespoons plus 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- Preheat grill on high.
- Drizzle the garlic bulb with oil and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Brush 3 tablespoons of butter all over corn cobs.
- Add the garlic to the grill 15 minutes before the corn.
- Add the cobs to the grill and grill until each side gets a nice char, turning often and checking so they don’t burn. About 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove both the corn and the garlic.
- Cover the corn with foil to keep warm while you make the butter.
- Open the foil to allow the garlic to cool so you can handle it.
- To a bowl add the 4 tablespoons softened butter, the cooled garlic cloves, salt and pepper. Mash and mix well.
- To a shallow bowl add the Parmesan cheese and basil, mix well.
- Spread the butter all over the corn cobs, then sprinkle on the Parmesan and basil.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 160 Saturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 35mg Sodium: 666mg Carbohydrates: 1g Protein: 6g
More Grilling Recipes