Slow Cooker Corn and Pepper Cheese Dip
Sweet, creamy and cheesy with a delicious bite from fresh corn and peppers is what you will find in this Slow Cooker Corn and Pepper Cheese Dip.
This sauce has many uses outside of being a dip. Mix with cooked pasta, pour over cooked chicken breast, top your hot dogs our pour over fries. Dive in using your favorite tortilla chips, crusty bread, drizzle on hot dogs or over these Sumac Baked Sweet Potatoes.
This is the most delicious use of seasonal corn and peppers, because who doesn’t love cheese dip? You can also make this when it’s not corn season, just used defrosted frozen corn or canned.
The corn and peppers are simply sautéed while the cheese melts in the crockpot. This helps bring out extra sweetness in the vegetables and I believe increases the flavor in the dip.
Serve room temperature, or even better, warm right out of the crockpot. There are mini ones you can buy that are perfect for this.
Why use evaporated milk?
Evaporated milk is a concentrated version of regular milk. It gives extra creaminess to recipes, regular milk can also be used.
You can use any of your favorite cheeses. I chose to stick with white cheeses because I wanted the dip pale in color to offset the colors of the corn and peppers. Pepper Jack, Monterey, Gruyere, Fontina are all good, melting cheeses.
If you’ve made this Slow Cooker Corn and Pepper Cheese Dip or any other recipe, leave a review or comment below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 1 cup (220 grams) evaporated milk
- 8 ounces (227 grams) cream cheese
- 8 ounces (227 grams) cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces (227 grams mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 corn on cob, husk removed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¾ cup (96 grams) mini sweet peppers, finely chopped
- Turn the slow cooker to low, add the evaporated milk, cream cheese and cheddar cheese, stir.
Cover and cook for 1 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
While the cheese cooks, place the corn upright in a wide bowl and cut the kernels starting from the top, down.
- Add the vegetable oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the corn and pepper peppers and cook until they start to brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Once the cheeses are melted, stir in the corn and peppers. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving Calories 356Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 80mgSodium 560mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 21g