Pea & Mint Pesto is an easy and delicious way to use the fresh peas of the season. So good on and with anything. Mix into hot pasta, gnocchi, spread on crusty bread for crostini, use as a dip for veggies or turn into a soup.
I love fresh pea season! Whether you call them fresh, garden peas or English peas, I always have peas in my freezer because they’re one of my favorite vegetables and they’re so handy to have on hand to throw into a soup or to warm-up as a quick side dish. When pea season is here, I buy as many as I can and use them in so many things.
This pesto can be made in under 10 minutes. The fresh peas are boiled for 3 minutes, allowed to cool, then blended with fresh mint, parmesan salt, pepper and olive oil. Done!
I’ve created a video tutorial so you can see the recipe being made. Just press play!
Finding this recipe in a no-pea season? No problem! Just use frozen peas.
Secret Ingredient: This pea & mint pesto is a little different to the way pesto is usually prepared. I used a leek for extra flavor (garlic is used in pesto). I think raw garlic is too overpowering to the taste of the fresh peas and mint. In addition, there is also no nuts in this pesto because I want a nice smooth texture so I can use it for soup.
Freeze: This pesto also freezes well, just add to a freezable container and seal well.
If you’ve tried this Pea & Mint Pesto or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAMand PINTEREST to see daily recipe updates.
- 2 cups fresh peas, 10 ounces
- 1/2 cup chopped leek, 1/2 medium leek
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Bring a pan filled half-way with water to a boil and add the peas and leeks. Cook for 3 minutes, drain and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Once cooled add to a food processor the peas and leek, mint, parmesan, salt & pepper.
- Pulse 10 times until chopped, then with the processor running, drizzle in the olive oil until well blended.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 355 Saturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 8mg Sodium: 788mg Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 4g Protein: 8g