Tomato Soup Shooters with Mini Grilled Cheese
If you’ve tried this Tomato Soup Shooters with Mini Grilled Cheese or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large or 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 8 medium basil leaves, chopped
- 1 24 ounce container tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil, finely chopped
- 10 slices bread
- 8 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for 3 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the basil, tomatoes, stock, salt and pepper to the pan and stir. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender or blender, blend until smooth (blend in small batches as the hot soup can expand and overflow. Taste for seasoning and adjust to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat a large sauté pan or grill pan over medium low heat.
- Butter the bread slices on 1 side. Lay them out, butter side down. Add an even layer of cheese. Put the other piece of bread on top, butter side up.
- Add the bread and cheese to the pan and cook until the cheese starts to melt and the bread is golden brown, turn and repeat.
- Cut off the crusts and cut the grilled cheese into triangles.
- Pour the tomato soup into shot glasses and top with the mini grilled cheese.
Amount Per Serving Calories 323Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 47mgSodium 1208mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 3gSugar 6gProtein 12g