I’m all for taking help from the supermarket and these marinated olives are a delicious way to spruce up store-bought items that is so easy, the hardest part is opening the jar or can.
This recipe is perfect when entertaining because this can be made days before and refrigerated. They actually will taste better as this gives the flavors of the rosemary and sun-dried tomatoes a chance to permeate the flavors.
Great with charcuterie or antipasto platter served in different size bowls, that way you can spread them around the appetizer table and the combination of the black and green colors make for a pretty presentation.
- 1 cup (170 grams) pitted kalamata olives in water, drained
- 1 cup (170 grams) pitted green olives in water, drained
- 4 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- ½ cup oil from the sun-dried tomatoes * see note
- ¼ cup good olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
To a mixing bowl all the olives, sun-dried tomatoes and oil, rosemary and pepper.
Transfer to a 16 ounce (453 gram) jar with a lid until ready to use.
If there is not ½ cup of oil in the sun-dried tomatoes, add more olive oil to make a total of ¾ cup of oil
Serving Size:3 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 701mg Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 0g Protein: 2g