This drink is perfect for intimate gatherings or large parties that can be paired perfectly with rosemary sun-dried tomato olives and tomato soup shooters with mini grilled cheese. Just like the appetizers, this drink can be prepared in advance. Ginger infused pear juice can be made a day or so ahead and refrigerated, all you have to do is add champagne or your favorite sparkling beverage. Happy New Year!
- 1 bottle champagne, or sparkling beverage of your choosing
- 1 15- ounce can pears in natural juice
- 3 slices fresh ginger
- Fresh pear slices for garnish
- To a small saucepan over medium-low heat add the pear juice and ginger slices.
- Heat for about 5 minutes until you can smell the ginger, do not allow to boil or simmer.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool.
- Take out the ginger slices and discard.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of pear ginger juice into a champagne glass.
- Top with champagne (or sparkling beverage of choice).
- Garnish with sliced pear.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 244 Sodium: 21mg Carbohydrates: 60g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 24g Protein: 3g