Summer Greek Pasta Salad
Greek salad vegetables, olives, feta and pasta are tossed in a creamy, Greek yogurt lemon mint dressing. You’ll want to make this salad all summer long.
4thof July is here and if you’re grilling, this is the perfect side dish. It travels well if you’re going to friends or family’s and is delicious at room temperature.
It is the perfect time of year for a Greek salad because all of the ingredients are in season including the mini sweet peppers that the stores sell in bags. You know the ones that are yellow, red and orange?
Since the weather has warmed up, I’ve been eating a lot of Greek salads. I like to make my own pickled red onions (< click on the text to link to recipe) to add to the salad and since summer is upon us, I decided to turn a classic Greek salad into a pasta salad.
A delicious side dish for picnics, beach days, pool days, any day really. Serve with grilled beef, chicken or shrimp or enjoy as a vegetarian meal.
Large rigatoni pasta is mixed with all the usual suspects, chickpeas/garbanzo beans, sweet peppers, Kalamata olives, cucumber, red onion and Feta cheese.
The dressing is made in the blender that is so easy, yet so good. The fresh, bright flavors of the lemon and mint are a complement to fresh veggies.
If you’ve tried this Summer Greek Pasta Salad or any other recipe on the blog, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know it turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
- For the dressing:
- ¾ cup (255g) plain Greek yogurt
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- For the pasta:
- 1 pound cooked pasta
- 1 4 ounces chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- 8 ounces mini sweet peppers, sliced
- 6 ounces pitted kalamata olives, drained
- 6 ounces English cucumber, cut in half and sliced
- Pickled red onions
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- Make the dressing: To a blender, add the yogurt, lemon juice, mint, honey, salt, pepper and oil. Pulse until well blended. Transfer to a sealed container and refrigerated.
- To a large salad bowl, add the pasta, chickpeas, peppers, olives, cucumber and onion. Drizzle with the dressing and toss to combine. Serve topped with fresh feta cheese.
" The dressing yields 1 ¼ cups/295 ml
Amount Per Serving Calories 474Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 15mgSodium 785mgCarbohydrates 58gFiber 6gSugar 14gProtein 16g
This nutrition calculation is provided by Nutronix that is only a guideline and not intended for any particular diet.