One Pot 30 Minute Chicken with Tomatoes & Olives
One Pot 30 Minute Chicken with Tomatoes & Olives is just that. Made in one pot, healthy and is on the table in 30 minutes. Tender chicken breasts are cooked in rosemary, wine, tomatoes, basil and olives for a delicious, Mediterranean dish.
We’re talking speedy dinner on the table in a jiffy today. One pot meals are the most searched recipe, probably because anything made in one pot is easy and clean-up is easy because we’re all busy and we all want easy. Perfect for a busy weeknight, just serve with a side your favorite vegetable. Dinner done!
The key to the quick cooking of this One Pot 30 Minute Chicken with Tomatoes & Olives is thin chicken breasts. My grocery store sells thin cut chicken breasts, but if you can’t find them, just cut any boneless, skinless chicken breast in half lengthwise.
Then it’s all about flavor. First, dry white wine makes a delicious sauce and added chicken stock. The dish is finished with salty kalamata olives and sweet cherry tomatoes with a little freshness from basil.
A quick, easy, healthy dish, one pot meal in under 30 minutes. How cool (and yummy) is that?
If you’ve tried this One Pot 30 Minute Chicken with Tomatoes & Olives or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see daily recipe updates.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt & pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 ounces kalamata olives, pitted and cut in half
- To an ovenproof sauté pan add the oil and heat over medium high heat.
- Evenly salt and pepper the chicken breasts, both sides.
- Sauté the chicken breasts for 2 minutes on each side, just to get a little brown. Remove and set aside.
- Add more oil if needed and turn heat down to medium.
- Add onions and cook to soften, add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the rosemary and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the wine stirring and scraping all the browned bits off the bottom, cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the chicken stock and nestle the chicken breasts back in so they are submerged in the liquid.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, basil and olives.
- Simmer for 5 minutes to cook the chicken thoroughly.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 177Sodium 358mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 1g