What is better than a good plate of vegetables? A platter of Grilled Vegetables with Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Dip. A colorful combination of simply grilled veggies with something delicious to dip them into.
Up there with grilled meat, vegetables are one of my favorite foods to grill and, of course eat. These grilled vegetables can serve as a delicious side dish to meat or fish, or, for something different, I like serve as an appetizer when entertaining.
Sun dried tomatoes can be used in so many ways. What I love most about using sun dried tomatoes is they add a delicious natural sweetness to sauces, pasta sauces, pesto, add them to cornbread for a delicious boost of flavor or throw an handful in a salad. They also make very tasty snacks.
Summer will be over soon, so get those grills fired up and let’s make the most of what’s left of the season.
If you’ve tried these Grilled Vegetables with Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Dip or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 8.5 ounces sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Small pinch of salt
- 4 medium basil leaves
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 green zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 2 yellow zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 10 asparagus spears
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat grill on high.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes with oil, cream cheese and basil to a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and add salt if needed. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Brush all sides of vegetables with oil, salt and pepper, except the mushrooms.
- Add the carrots and grill over high heat to char on both sides, then move to a cooler side of the grill.
- Grill the mushroom for 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- While the mushrooms grill, add the zucchini and grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove.
- Grill the asparagus for 1 to 2 minutes, you want them to stay firm.
- Cut all the vegetables in to bite-size pieces and serve room temperature with sun dried tomato dip.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 301 Saturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 229mg Carbohydrates: 18g Protein: 6g