Grilled Shrimp and Scallop Kabobs
Grilled shrimp and scallop kabobs are the perfect summer grilling dish and are so quick and easy to prepare. They can be served as an entree or, like in this instance, served alongside small bites and deliciously paired with wine.
Summer and grilling go hand in hand and it if you’re like me, you’ll be grilling a lot of yummy food in the upcoming months and seafood is always on my rotation. If you like grilled shrimp, you will love grilled miso shrimp and grilled shrimp with lemon ginger dipping sauce are the perfect summer grilling appetizer.
Pro tip: Grill lemon halves for any seafood that you are grilling, just for a few minutes. This makes the lemon sweeter and more flavorful for squeezing over the shrimp and scallops.
When it comes to seafood, I like to keep it simple with the seasoning. If the seafood is good, you want to to taste it. Salt, pepper and lemon is all you need make these grilled shrimp and scallop kabobs so good. Don’t forget, the grilling adds flavor too (my mouth is watering).
Serving tip: Skewer up some zucchini, onion and tomatoes for a complete meal cooked on the grill.
If you’ve tried these Grilled Shrimp and Scallop Kabobs or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see daily recipe updates.
- 16 sea scallops
- 16 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 lemons cut in half
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill.
- Thread the scallops, shrimp to skewers. Brush all with canola oil and sprinkle with the salt, pepper and lemon zest.
- When the grill is very hot, add the skewers and lemons flesh side down and close the lid. The lemon wedges will only take but a minute, so remove them first.
- Grill for 1-2 minutes. If the scallops stick, they are not ready to turn. Once they release, turn and grill for 1 more minute. Remove from grill and serve with the grilled lemon.
Amount Per Serving Calories 90Cholesterol 74mgSodium 423mgCarbohydrates 9gProtein 13g