Grilled Shrimp with Ginger Lemon Dipping Sauce
These Grilled Shrimp with Ginger Lemon Dipping sauce are really quick and easy. Sweet shrimp are marinated in lemon, garlic, salt and pepper, then grilled. The ginger lemon dipping sauce is the perfect accompaniment for a dish that is the perfect appetizer.
Grilling shrimp gives them a smoky sweetness that you just can’t get from any other cooking method. This dish can be served as a light lunch or dinner with a hearty salad or vegetables.
I’m finding myself cooking a lot this Summer with fresh lemons, lemon juice and even the zest. I’ve grilled the lemons and have used them in a grilled lemon basil vinaigrette and also grilled chicken and vegetable pasta. Stay tuned because there’s still more lemon recipes to come! It’s a perfect way to add bright, fresh flavor to sauces, marinades and the delicious dipping sauce for this grilled shrimp, which is so quick and easy to make in the food processor.
If you’ve tried this Grilled Shrimp with Ginger Lemon Dipping Sauce or any other recipe on the blog, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, 1 large lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, 21-25 count, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup sour cream
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Small pinch freshly ground pepper, to taste
- To a mixing bowl add the lemon zest, juice, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Whisk until combined.
- Add the shrimp to a bowl with a lid, or ziptop bag and cover with the marinade.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill.
- To a food processor (or blender) add the sour cream, lemon juice and zest, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Pulse until well mixed. If the sauce is too thick, add a little more lemon juice until it is the right consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
- After 1 hour, remove the shrimp from the marinade and thread onto skewers. * see note
- Grill the shrimp on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and when cool enough take them off the skewers.
- Serve warm with the ginger lemon dipping sauce.
* If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent them from burning.
Serving Size4 shrimp
Amount Per Serving Calories 261Saturated Fat 7gCholesterol 315mgSodium 1218mgCarbohydrates 3gSugar 2gProtein 24g