Grilled chicken paillard Caesar salad combining 2 favorites in 1 dish. This is a fast and easy weeknight or weekend meal, perfect for the summer months.
Paillard is the French term for a pounded thin piece of meat that is quick cooking. Usually pan sautéed, I took the cooking outdoors and grilled the chicken instead. It is grilling season after all. The chicken breast is seasoned simply with salt, pepper, fresh lemon zest and dried basil. The chicken breast is plated whole, then topped with everyones favorite, Caesar salad.
The Caesar dressing is my go-to and tastes just like traditional Caesar dressing, but without the raw egg yolk. Instead of incorporating cubed croutons, I like to make crostini by toasted (or even grilling) sliced baguette. This is just a personal preference and you can present it however you like.
I’ve created a step-by-step video recipe so you can see the drink being made. Just press play!
- For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (4 lemons)
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- For the chicken:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- For the salad:
- 2 Romaine hearts, chopped
- Your favorite croutons
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
- To a mixing bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients, set aside.
- Preheat outdoor grill on high.
- Place a chicken breast between a piece of folded plastic wrap and use a mallet to pound it to ¼ inch thick. Repeat with all chicken breasts.
- Brush all the chicken breasts with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, lemon zest and basil. Turn them over and repeat.
- Grill the chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes per side. Remove, wrap in foil to keep warm.
- To a large bowl add the romaine and toss with the dressing.
- Place a chicken breast on each of 4 plates. Top with the dressed romaine, croutons and shaved Parmesan.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 290 Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 78mg Sodium: 395mg Carbohydrates: 3g Sugar: 1g Protein: 27g