Café Mochachino Recipe
Café Mochachino, also known as a mocha or mochaccino, is a warm and comforting coffee drink that will keep you warm as the weather cools off.
There’s no need to go to the coffee shop when this is so easy to make. Don’t hold the whipped cream.
Mocha (moh-kuh) originates from the country of Yemen which is situated on the southern end of the Arabian Peninsula and one of the centers of early coffee trade. A mocha is made with espresso (or strong coffee) milk and chocolate.
We’re celebrating all things coffee as Scotland and Western Asia come together for this delicious pairing because Saturday 29thSeptember is International Coffee Day.
International Coffee Day has been celebrated since 2015 and is enjoyed all over the world. From people celebrating quietly at home, to big public events that can be seen all over social media and the news.
The timing couldn’t be better to celebrate this lovely holiday as we’re heading into the cold seasons of autumn and winter and we all like to enjoy a hot coffee to warm us up.
What goes best with a hot mocha coffee drink? A cookie of course, here’s a delicious selection:
More Coffee Drinks
- Creamy Almond Coconut Cashew Coffee
- Cashew Milk Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
- Irish Coffee Milkshake Shooters
I am not a frequent drinker of coffee (being British, I love my tea) but when I do enjoy a coffee drink it is always a mochachino. It has wonderful warming qualities, and everyone loves a good hot chocolate topped with lots of delicious whipped cream.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup espresso or strong brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, optional
- To a saucepan, add the milk over medium heat. When the milk starts to simmer, whisk in the chocolate syrup and the coffee. Pour into mugs and top with a spoonful of whipped cream, a sprinkling of cocoa powder or a drizzle of chocolate syrup. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving Calories 206Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 18mgSodium 87mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 1gSugar 25gProtein 5g
This nutrition calculation is provided by Nutronix that is only a guideline and not intended for any particular diet.