Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peanut butter and chocolate is one of the best flavor combinations. These peanut Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies come together very quickly and can be in your hands in 20 minutes. Don’t you love a cookie when it’s warm and fresh out of the oven?
There are fewer sweet flavor combinations better than peanut butter and chocolate (chocolate and mint is also a good one). Now, when I went to make this recipe, I accidentally bought crunchy peanut butter. As I was grabbing my wallet to zip back to the store, my husband suggested that I try the recipe with the crunchy.
I did and we loved it. In fact, we loved all the cookies, each and every one. You don’t really notice that there is crunchy peanut butter aside from some of the cookies had tiny chunks of peanuts on the top. I liked it and I liked it even more that I was saved from another trip to the store.
Why do you have refrigerate cookie dough before baking?
These really are easy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies because the dough needs no refrigeration . Recipes call for refrigerating the cookie dough before baking to solidify the solids in the dough. The chilled fat takes longer to melt and in turn prevents the cookies spreading too much. These cookies don’t spread, so no refrigeration necessary which equals getting to eat the cookies sooner!
The dough will be sticky. Try not to handle it too much or it will be messy. I used a 2 tablespoon measuring spoon to spoon the dough onto the baking sheet. You could also use an ice cream scoop.
So what are you waiting for? You know you want to whip up a batch. But don’t forget the milk.
If you’ve tried these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see daily recipe updates.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, 1 stick, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F/165°C. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl using a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream the butter, peanut butter and both sugars until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie, evenly spaced onto the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes until you see edges start to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving Calories 184Saturated Fat 5gCholesterol 20mgSodium 120mgCarbohydrates 17gProtein 3g