Peanut butter and chocolate is one of the best flavor combinations. These peanut butter chocolate chips cookies come together very quickly and can be in your hands in 20 minutes. Don’t you love a cookie when it’s warm and fresh out of the oven?
There are fewer sweet flavor combinations better than peanut butter and chocolate (chocolate and mint is also a good one). Now, when I went to make this recipe, I accidentally bought crunchy peanut butter. As I was grabbing my wallet to zip back to the store, my husband suggested that I try the recipe with the crunchy. I did and we loved it. In fact, we loved all the cookies, each and every one. You don’t really notice that there is crunchy peanut butter aside from some of the cookies had tiny chunks of peanuts on the top. I liked it and I liked it even more that I was saved from another trip to the store.
A couple of notes. First, the dough will be sticky. Try not to handle it too much or it will be messy. I used a 2 tablespoon measuring spoon to spoon the dough onto the baking sheet. You could also use an ice cream scoop.
So what are you waiting for? You know you want to whip up a batch. Don’t forget the milk.
Peanut butter and chocolate is a delicious combination and it is perfect in these cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 1 stick, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl using a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream the butter, peanut butter and both sugars until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheet and bake for 11 minutes until you see edges start to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.