White Chocolate Rice Pudding
White Chocolate Rice Pudding is a warm, comforting dessert that is befitting of the season with white chocolate, cranberries and pistachios.
An easy dessert for feeding a crowd that can really be enjoyed all year.
For the holidays and Christmas, I love the festive color and flavor combination of white chocolate, cranberry and pistachios. Along with the fruit and nuts, there’s vanilla and nutmeg.
In keeping with the festive theme, you should also check out my recipes for White Chocolate & Pistachio Bark, White Hot Chocolate, White Chocolate Pistachio & Cranberry Fudge and White Chocolate Florentine Cookies.
Are you team thick or team saucy? I’m team saucy. If you like it stick to the wall thick, cook the rice longer. It will thicken when you take if off the heat.
To achieve the creamiest consistency possible, I like to cook the rice in the milk instead of water so the rice absorbs the milk and not water and that makes this an easy, one-pan dessert. This way, no thickener is needed and the rice takes on all of the flavors.
This easy dessert is so easy to make and can be made ahead for your holiday dinner. Just refrigerate when it’s ready, then reheat in a heavy bottom pan. If it’s too thick, whisk in a little warm milk until it is the consistency you like.
You can serve this cold, room temperature or warm. I love it warm, because there’s nothing more comforting.
White short or long grain rice will work. I like the flavor nutmeg, but you can also substitute cinnamon.
I use a simple bar of white chocolate that I would eat, not baking chocolate. Baking chocolate does not melt as well as a good bar of chocolate that you eat.
Dairy Free Option
I also have a delicious Oat Milk Rice Pudding with a brûlée top. Almond, soy or any non-dairy milk you like will work.
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 4 cups (2 pints) milk
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Small pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup (200 grams) short or long grain rice
- 3 ounces (85 grams) white chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons unsalted, roasted pistachios, chopped
- Add the milk, sugar, salt, vanilla and nutmeg to a saucepan and heat over high heat. Stir in the rice.Bring the milk to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and cook for 30 minutes stirring frequently to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan and clumping together, until the milk is absorbed.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the chocolate. Stir until melted.
- Serve warm garnished with dried cranberries and pistachios.
Amount Per Serving Calories 342Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 21mgSodium 281mgCarbohydrates 57gFiber 1gSugar 32gProtein 11g
This nutrition calculation is provided by Nutronix that is only a guideline and not intended for any particular diet.