Roasted Carrot Ginger Soup
It’s all about adding flavor
This soup gets flavor from a couple of different techniques. Firstly, the homemade vegetable stock (recipe), it is so important that this ingredient has as much flavor as possible to transfer as much flavor to the soup as possible.
Secondly, roasting the vegetables gives huge flavor by browning and adding a lot of natural sweetness, especially roasted garlic. I mean, who likes boiled vegetables?
Make ahead and freeze
If you’ve tried this Roasted Carrot Ginger Soup or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 medium, or 1/2 large onion, cut half
- 1 garlic clove, unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- White pepper
- 6 cups vegetable stock, recipe link
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 4 teaspoons sour cream, omit for vegan option
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Add the carrots, onion and garlic to a sheet tray and spread out evenly.
- Drizzle with olive oil and an even sprinkling of salt and white pepper, mix until coated.
- Roast in the oven for 35 minutes until tender..
- In a large saucepan add the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add the carrots, onions, garlic squeezed out of it's peel, ginger and bay leaf.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, or add to a blender in batches, blend soup until it is smooth and reaches the desired consistency, if it is too thick, add more stock.
- Check for seasoning and adjust to your taste.
- Serve and garnish with chopped fresh parsley and sour cream.
Serving Size1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 55Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 1mgSodium 607mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 1g