A quick and easy side dish that will complement any entrée. Sweet cherry tomatoes, sautéed in olive oil, garlic, white wine and basil.
If you’ve tried this Warm Cherry Tomato and Basil Salad or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds red and yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Heat a large, 12-inch skillet over low heat, add the olive oil.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 2 minutes stirring, do not allow to burn, you just want to lightly cook the garlic and flavor the oil.
- Add the tomatoes and toss until well coated with oil, cook for 3 minutes until warmed through, don't allow them to soften.
- Add the vinegar, salt and pepper, cook for 1 more minute, stirring the tomatoes. Add the basil leaves and toss, serve warm.
* To chiffonade, roll the basil leaves tight and cut into shreds.
Serving Size:4 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 57 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 269mg Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 1g