Tomato and Crispy Prosciutto Bruschetta
Bruschetta is everyones favorite Italian appetizer, but I'm taking it to the next level. Tomato and crispy prosciutto bruschetta get a crispy flavor boost from using crispy prosciutto for delicious topping.
- 4 medium Kumato tomatoes or vine tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices Prosciutto de Parma
- 1 ciabatta loaf sliced
- Olive oil
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, chopped basil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Mix and let sit for about 20 minutes so the flavors can meld.
- Meanwhile, lay the slices of prosciutto onto a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil.
- Cook the prosciutto slice in the oven for about 12 minutes until they are crispy.
- Remove the foil from the sheet pan and allow them cool on the foil.
- Arrange the slices of ciabatta on the sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil on both sides.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until you see the tops browning, turn each one over and bake until tops are brown.
- Remove the ciabatta slices from the oven and allow to cool.
- When cool enough to handle, take the peeled garlic clove and rub over each of the ciabatta slices.
- Top with the chopped tomato and basil mixture.
- Take the slices of prosciutto and crumble over tomatoes.