Sautéed Mushroom and Rosemary Bruschetta
Sautéed mushroom and rosemary bruschetta is a hearty and delicious appetizer that can be made in 20 minutes. An easy appetizer and elegant enough to serve when entertaining.
January and February are busy months here in Los Angeles for TV/movie awards and red carpet events and I have to say, the best way to watch is with good food and good wine and I like to eat tapas style.
A good selection of appetizers and small bites is a fun way to enjoy the evening and you get a little of everything.
The bruschetta can be made in 20 minutes. To continue the flavors of the wine through to the food, I used the Pinot Noir in the sautéing of the earthy mushrooms and along with the piney rosemary, it is the perfect marriage of flavors.
Just toast up some slices of French baguette, sauté the mushrooms and serve warm. It doesn’t get any easier than that for a delicious appetizer that can be served for any entertaining.
More Mushroom Recipe Ideas:
If you’ve made this Sautéed Mushroom and Rosemary Bruschetta or any other recipe leave a comment below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 1/2 French baguette, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound (453 grams) brown mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Small pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) red wine
- Adjust oven rack to the top of the oven and preheat broiler.
- Place the bread slices onto a baking sheet and broil on each side until golden brown. Keep your eye on them. Remove and set aside.
- To a large sauté pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms start to brown.
- Add the garlic, salt, pepper and rosemary Stir.
- Cook for 2 minutes then add the wine and stir to mix.
- Cook until all the wine is gone.
- Top each bread slice with the mushrooms and serve warm.
Amount Per Serving Calories 120Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 0mgSodium 251mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 3g
This nutrition calculation is provided by Nutronix that is only a guideline and not intended for any particular diet.