The perfect summer-time appetizer. Shrimp Bruschetta is an easy, yet elegant dish that can be served while entertaining and pairs perfectly with a delicious fruity, crisp white wine.
Today I’m taking you beyond the regular wine and cheese pairing. Tender, sweet shrimp cooked in butter, fresh lemon zest, fresh basil and Pinot Grigio, served on top of crispy grilled bread. Is your mouth watering yet? I just made my own mouth water because I know how good they are and so could you.
I am fortunate live in a beach community and seafood is always on my mind and menu, which inspires me when creating dishes. Last weekend we had family in town and the summer weather is so perfect, we spent our evening before going to dinner having some cold wine and appetizers.
Wherever your travels take you this summer, take some time to enjoy good food, good wine and good company. I’ve shared how I like to entertain, tell what fun things you’ve been up to this summer?
f you’ve tried this Shrimp Bruschetta or any other recipe on the blog, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know it turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 1 French baguette, cut into 8 slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 pound shrimp peeled, 16, deveined and tails removed
- Zest of 1 whole lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Pinot Grigio
- 2 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- Zest of 1/2 lemon for garnish
- Preheat grill pan. If you don't have a grill pan or grill, you can also broil the bread.
- Brush each of the bread slices with olive oil, on both side. When the pan is hot, grill on both side until they are browned with grill marks, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Remove bread slices from the grill and rub the toasted sides with garlic and set aside.
- To a bowl add the shrimp, lemon zest, juice, salt and pepper, mix well.
- To a large saute pan, add the butter over medium heat until melted.
- When the butter is melted add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp for 2 minutes per side.
- Add the wine and basil, mix well.
- When the wine has evaporated, turn off the heat.
- Top the toasted bread slices with the shrimp and garnish with lemon zest.
Serving Size:1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 123mg Sodium: 932mg Carbohydrates: 28g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 6g Protein: 18g