Spicy Chipotle Pepper Guacamole
With only 5 ingredients in this Spicy Chipotle Pepper Guacamole, smoked chipotles peppers in adobo sauce take it to a new flavor level.
Everyone loves guacamole, but not everyone likes it prepared the same way, how do you like it? Side note, this is a guacamole recipe without cilantro.
Are you a chunky or smooth fan? I used to have to have mine really smooth, but I’ve started to prefer chunky over smooth and I’m really not a fan of this dip made in the blender where you lose all the texture.
Chipotles in Adobo are the easy secret to the spice and smokiness in this Spicy Chipotle Pepper Guacamole. I use them in my Chipotle Chicken Burger and even went so far as to adding them to my Bacon BBQ Sauce.
My signature/go-to guacamole recipe has Tabasco Chipotle sauce along with fresh tomato. I’ve also been known to add jalapeño or serrano pepper for spice, but I love the spicy, smoked version.
How to keep guacamole from turning brown
If you are adding lime juice (and you should be), this helps a lot. If you want to store it in the fridge? Drizzle a little more lime juice on the top and put plastic wrap directly onto the guacamole, then seal with a lid. You want to keep as much air away from it as possible. You can pour off the excess lime juice when you are ready to eat it.
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeds removed
- Juice of 1 lime, about 4 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons chopped chipotles in adobo pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Add avocados to a mixing bowl. Use a fork to break up into chunks. Add the lime juice, chipotle pepper, coriander and salt. Mix well while retaining some texture.
- Serve immediately. To make ahead, put in a container with a lid. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the top, then put plastic wrap directly on top of the guacamole removing as much air as possible and attach the lid. Refrigerate. Drain off lime juice before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 167Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 0mgSodium 536mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 7gSugar 1gProtein 2g
This nutrition calculation is provided by Nutronix that is only a guideline and not intended for any particular diet.