Perfectly patriotic for one of the biggest grilling days of the year, this is a cheese lovers burger. Red, White and Blue CheeseBurger is topped with roasted red pepper, white and blue cheeses.
We’re getting ready for the 4th of July grilling and fireworks. What do you like to do for 4th of July?
I live in a beach community in Los Angeles and this is both a good and bad thing. Good, because I get to watch the fireworks from my balcony that are set-off from a barge out in the marina. The bad, is that you cannot leave your house by car because they close a lot of the streets starting early in the afternoon.
This is a new burger recipe where the toppings are the focus and the only thing added to the beef is black pepper. The meat is not salted because there are 2 types of cheese and they will add salt. Cheeses differ on their salt levels, if you use salt, use it sparingly.
All burgers need pickles and I have an easy recipe for Homemade Dill Pickle Chips (< click on text for recipe link).
Roasted red peppers are one ingredient that I always buy and keep in my pantry. It is much easier than making them yourself and are just as good and add a lovely sweetness to the burger.
If you don’t eat beef, you can also use ground turkey, chicken or pork.
If you’ve tried this Red White and Blue CheeseBurger or any other recipe on the blog, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know it turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 1 ½ pounds (680 grams) ground beef
- Ground black pepper
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 8 slices white cheese of choice
- 4 large pieces of roasted red peppers
- 4 burger buns
- 4 lettuce slices
- Divide the ground into 4, 6 ounce burgers. Shape each patty into a tight ball, then into a patty. Sprinkle each burger evenly with ground black pepper
- To cook on a grill:
- Heat the grill on high. Cook the burgers until the first side develops a crust (about 3 minutes), turn and cook for 5 more minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 140 °F/60°C for medium. Top each burger with 2 slices of white cheese and blue cheese. Cook 1 minute until cheese is melted. Add a slice of red pepper to each burger.
- To cook in heavy sauté pan:
- Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to a heavy or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the burger until the first side develops a crust (about 3 minutes), turn and cook for 5 more minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 140 °F/60°C for medium. Top each burger with 2 slices of white cheese and blue cheese. Cook 1 minute until cheese is melted. Add a piece of red pepper to each burger.
- Place a lettuce slice onto the bottom half of the bun, top with a burger and add a slice of red pepper, top with the other half of the bun. Repeat with all of the burgers.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 377 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 40mg Sodium: 589mg Carbohydrates: 30g Protein: 15g