Quick Cranberry Orange Sauce
‘Tis the season for cranberry’s, those pretty little berries are everywhere. If you’ve ever been tempted while cooking to pop one of those juicy looking berries into your mouth, DON’T! You will be puckered up for some time and regret it forever, don’t ask me how I know this, I just know.
When it comes to this cranberry sauce, I go back to my from scratch theory. If you are in the supermarket you can easily pick up the 4 ingredients for this easy recipe rather than pick up cans of the pre-made cranberry sauce. You can wow your dinner guests with this homemade recipe that looks like it had to stew for hours and tastes so much better.
The hint of fresh orange this takes from an ordinary cranberry sauce and makes it a little something special.
Be sure to check out all the other delicious recipes to complete your holiday meal
- Perfect roast turkey
- Crockpot orange, honey & herb glazed carrots
- Cornbread, sage & onion stuffing (dressing)
- Cheesy rosemary mashed potato casserole
If you’ve tried this Quick Cranberry Orange Sauce or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 12 oz fresh cranberries, washed and sorted for mushy or bad ones
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- To a medium saucepan add all the ingredients over medium heat.
- As the liquid starts to heat up, you will hear popping, that's just the skins of the cranberries.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until you see the cranberries start to break down.
- If you see that some of the cranberries are not softening or haven't popped, give them a little help by mashing them with your spoon. Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl and allow to cool. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Sodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 66g