Why do some people call stuffing dressing?
All the recipes on the plate above can be found at the bottom of the page.
Can you make cornbread dressing the day before?
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 8 ounces yellow onion, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped small
- 1 1/4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 6 cups cornbread, broken into large pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Butter the baking dish you're using.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and celery, cook stirring often for 5 minutes until softened. Add 1/2 cup of chicken stock and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the fresh sage and cornbread, stir to mix well. * see note
- Add the rest of the stock and stir well to combine. ** see note
- Test for seasoning, depending on how salty the chicken stock is, add a pinch of salt if needed.
- Transfer the stuffing into the baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes until it starts to brown on the top.
* Only add 1 tablespoon of fresh sage if you are using my sage cornbread.
** Only add as much stock as you like depending on how moist you like your stuffing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 431 Saturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 82mg Sodium: 715mg Carbohydrates: 55g Protein: 7g