Pumpkin Walnut Muffins
Soft, fluffy and a little nutty, these Pumpkin Walnut Muffins are a lovely morning (or afternoon) treat that you can enjoy every day.
With a little hint of orange and the perfect amount of pumpkin pie spice to get you in the mood for fall.
This one of the first recipes I published within weeks of launching this website back in 2013. After realizing that I don’t have copies of the original pictures, they were long overdue for an overhaul, but the recipe is still just as good.
What I love most about these muffins is when they fresh out of the oven and still warm. I like to cut in half and spread creamy English butter on each piece (see the pic above). When they are not warm, I pop one in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds and it warms it just enough which I find, also enhances the flavors.
PUMPKIN WALNUT BREAD OPTION
This pumpkin walnut muffin recipe can easily be turned into a pumpkin walnut bread recipe. Follow the recipe to step 4, grease a loaf pan and add the batter, smoothing the top. Bake at 350°F/175°C for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
When it comes to the choice of nuts, you can use whatever you like. Pecans are a delicious option, or you can leave them out completely if you are sensitive or have a nut allergy.
More Pumpkin Recipes (from left to right per the pictures above)
- Roasted Pumpkin and Root Vegetable Soup
- Pumpkin Nutella Swirl Muffins
- Pumpkin Risotto Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Halloween Pumpkin Spiced Applesauce Spider Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Ricotta Ravioli
- Pumpkin Turtle Cheesecake
If you’ve made these Pumpkin Walnut Muffins, or any other recipe, leave a comment below. I love to hear from my readers.
- 1 ½ cups (225 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice 1 ¾ teaspoons
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cups (140 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup (216 grams) can pumpkin puree
- ¼ (75 ml) cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (75ml) orange juice
- ½ cup (65 grams), plus 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. Add muffin liners to a 12 count muffin tin.
- Add flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, salt and ½ cup (65 grams) walnuts to a mixing bowl.
- To a separate mixing bowl, add the eggs, sugar, pumpkin, oil and juice. Beat until blended. Add the flour mixture to pumpkin mixture in 3 batches stir until moistened between each addition.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill each muffin cup 3/4 full. Sprinkle the tops with remaining walnuts. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in the muffin tins on a wire rack for 10 minutes then remove to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving Calories 131Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 31mgSodium 222mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 3g
This nutrition calculation is provided by Nutronix that is only a guideline and not intended for any particular diet.