Patriotic Jello and Cream Push Pops are easy to make and so much fun to look at and eat! Get your kids involved in not only the eating, but the making of the layers of Jello, lemon cream and sprinkles. Fun for 4th July or Memorial Day celebrations.
These Patriotic Jello and cream push pops are easy to make and so much fun to look at and eat! Get your kids involved in not only the eating, but the making of the layers of Jello, lemon cream and sprinkles.
I purchased the push pop containers and stand from Amazon. I bought them because I think they’ve got a cool fun factor and you can make a push pop out of just about anything. In fact, I have some really unique ideas coming up in future posts which will utilize the push pops.
The stand does have to be purchased separately and it’s not a requirement because you could use a mason jar filled with M&M’s to stand them in, but since this is intended as a centerpiece I like the use of the stand, which can also be purchased from Amazon. I think you’ll agree they make a striking presentation all lined up like patriotic soldiers.
Originally, I didn’t know what I was going to use the push pop containers for, so they’ve been in my prop closet for a while. When I was thinking about posting a recipe for Memorial Day, it was actually suggested by my husband. He suggested something based on his favorite dessert that I make for him, pomegranate panna cotta.
This is a dessert layered with pomegranate jello and orange panna cotta, which is an Italian cream. But just to make it easier, I am using store bought jello which can be made in minutes and the whipping cream is just heated with gelatin and lemon zest.
These patriotic jello and cream push pops will surely be the center of attention at your Memorial Day barbecue. Of course, they don’t just have to be for Memorial Day – 4th of July celebrations are just around the corner!
- 1 packet berry blue Jello
- 1 packet strawberry Jello
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
- 3 teaspoons fine bakers sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 packet of gelatin
- Red and blue sprinkles
- Assemble the push pop containers by adding the base and stick, make sure they are seated well. * See note
- Prepare the blue jello according to package directions.
- Using a pouring jug, pour into push pop containers 1/3 full. Refrigerate until set. ** See note
- Add 2 cups of the heavy whipping cream, 2 teaspoons sugar and lemon zest to a microwave safe bowl.
- Pour into the cream the gelatin.
- Heat in the microwave on high for 1 minutes.
- Stir until the gelatin starts to dissolved.
- Once the blue layer as set, using a small jug, pour the cream until 2/3 full. Refrigerate or freeze until set.
- Prepare the red jello according to package directions.
- Using a small jug, pour the red jello over the cream until the push pop is full. Refrigerate or freeze until set.
- Add the remaining cup of whipping cream to a mixing bowl or stand mixer with the remaining teaspoon sugar.
- Beat on high with a hand mixer or stand mixer until stiff.
- Pipe or spoon the cream onto the top of the set push pops and decorate with sprinkles.
* If they are not seated and sealed well, the first layer of jello can leak out. Make sure you have something under to catch the drips until they set.
** To speed up the process and if you have room, you can chill them in the freezer.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 210 Saturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 81mg Sodium: 23mg Carbohydrates: 2g Sugar: 1g Protein: 1g