Orange & bourbon glazed ham is the star of any holiday table. A perfectly baked ham with a delicious sweet, tasty glaze that also has a presentation wow factor.
If you’re feeding a crowd this Easter (or any holiday for that matter) it’s always good to plan ahead and think about your menu. We all know all the flavor comes from the glaze and for presentation purposes, I studded my ham with whole cloves.
The delicious glaze of fresh orange juice and zest, honey, brown sugar, all spice and bourbon are all cooked together in a pan until thick and syrupy. The top of the ham is scored into a decorative diamond pattern and studded with whole cloves, then baked and glazed.
If you are serving this ham to kiddies, you could give them slices of ham without any glaze as there is plenty of ham without it.
Did I mention this ham also makes great leftovers? One of my most popular recipes right now is ham and split pea soup. You can grab the recipe here.
- 1/2 fully cooked ham, not spiral cut
- 1/2 cup bourbon , * see note
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whole cloves
- Remove ham from refrigerator and sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Position oven rack to lowest position and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, to a saucepan add the bourbon, honey, brown sugar, marmalade, orange zest, juice, allspice and salt.
- Bring to a simmer over medium low heat and cook for 5 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Score the top of the ham in a diamond pattern using a sharp knife and insert a clove in the center of each diamond.
- Place the ham on a rack in roasting pan and fill the pan 1/3 with water and bake for 15 minutes per pound
- One hour before it's done, brush the glaze onto the outside of the ham.
* You can substitute 5 tablespoons maple syrup and 3 tablespoons non alcoholic vanilla extract
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 99 Cholesterol: 6mg Sodium: 292mg Carbohydrates: 11g Sugar: 10g Protein: 2g