Lemon Pepper Spaghetti
Lemon Pepper Spaghetti is a dish uses a few ingredients that you may already have in the cabinet and fridge. Just 10 minutes to an easy and fresh flavored meal.
A lemon twist on cacio e pepe (cheese and pepper), this is a wonderful way to celebrate citrus season. A popular dish on the Italian Amalfi coast because they have the best (and biggest) lemons I’ve ever seen.
Meat free pasta dishes are typically a first course in Italy followed by the meat course. This is the simple, and I mean the simplest, spaghetti al limone (as the Italians call it). This recipe is for 4 servings of a main dish size (American style).
There are no overbearing flavors in this Lemon Pepper Spaghetti, just a well-balanced, clean, lemon and pepper taste in every bite. There is also no salt added to this recipe because there are 2 salty cheeses used. If you can’t find Pecorino, just use all Parmesan cheese.
This is a simple pasta dish, here are some delicious optional that could be added:
- Chopped chives
- Red pepper flakes
There are 2 types of lemons available right now, Meyer and regular lemons. I’ve tried this recipe with both, and they work very well.
When the spaghetti is done, before draining reserve some of the pasta water to add to the spaghetti to make it saucier and creamier. This is always a good trick when reheating leftovers.
More Lemon Dishes
- Mediterranean Lemon Pesto Salmon
- Crispy Gnocchi with Peas, Asparagus and Lemon
- Lemon Risotto with Spring Peas
This spaghetti was recently as easy side dish to Lemon Parmesan Crusted Salmon that I make for every Friday dinner. Pic below.
If you’ve made this or any other recipe leave a comment below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 1 pound (453 grams) spaghetti
- 2/3 cup (157 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup (85 grams) good Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup (85 grams) Pecorino Romano cheese (if you can’t find it substitute Parmesan)
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pan of 6 cups (1.4 liters) water to a boil. When boiling add 1 tablespoon salt. Submerge the spaghetti and cook for 9 minutes.
- While the spaghetti cooks, add the oil to a large non-stick sauté pan over medium heat. Add the lemon juice, zest and pepper, stir. Add the Parmesan and pecorino and stir to make a sauce.
- When the spaghetti is done, use tongs to take right from the water into the pan, add some of the pasta water if you wish to make it saucier. Toss the spaghetti when until all coated with the sauce. Serve immediately garnished with parsley.
Red pepper flakes
Amount Per Serving Calories 399Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 5mgSodium 170mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 0gProtein 13g
This nutrition calculation is provided by Nutronix that is only a guideline and not intended for any particular diet.