Lemon Parmesan Crusted Salmon is a beautiful dish and gourmet enough to serve for fine dining evening at home or special event like an intimate dinner for someone special.
Salmon is always a dish I like to serve when I’m entertaining and want to cook something a little special. This salmon dish has a delicious crispy lemon parmesan topping made from panko breadcrumbs. With the addition of fresh dill which pairs beautifully with salmon.
The topping is prepared in 2 stages:
- Mix the panko, lemon zest, parmesan cheese, dill, salt, pepper and a mix of butter and olive oil.
- Dijon mustard is spread onto the top of the salmon, along with salt and pepper. The breaded topping is then added and the dijon acts like a delicious ‘glue’ to hold it all in place.
- 4 6 ounce salmon filets
- 4 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 + 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 + 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line the salmon filets up on a cutting board.
- Brush the tops with a thick layer of dijon mustard and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 of the lemon zest.
- To a mixing bowl add the panko, lemon zest, parmesan,dill, 1/2 teaspoon salt & 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- To a small bowl mix the melted butter and olive oil. Stir into the breadcrumbs.
- Add the breading in a thick layer to each of the filets, pressing into the mustard.
- Add the vegetable oil to an ovenproof heavy griddle pan or skillet over medium heat.
- When the oil is slightly rippling add the salmon filets, skin-side down and cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 8 minutes until the breading is golden brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 327 Saturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 39mg Sodium: 623mg Carbohydrates: 17g Protein: 12g