Halloween spooky screwdriver is a fun adult cocktail for everyone’s favorite scary holiday with a mocktail option so no one is left out of the frightening fun. Layers of grenadine, orange juice and black colored vodka.
If you’re entertaining for Halloween, it’s fun to serve some frightful fare and this drink is perfect for scaring your guests. I have another haunting drink recipe, Halloween blood orange martini as well as food options like Halloween popcorn. If you’re looking for something really fun, a Halloween brownie graveyard.
This Halloween spooky screwdriver comes with a mocktail option. All you do is replace the vodka (which is colored with black food coloring) for soda water. You could use 7Up or Sprite for xtra flavor, just add a few drops of food coloring for the same effect.
The drink starts with grenadine which is a non alcoholic syrup that brings a little bloody redness to the drink. Orange juice is then layered on top of the grenadine, then the black vodka (or soda) finishes off the drink.
The dripping black rim brings a fun and eerie touch to the drink. This is achieved by adding black food coloring to corn syrup and then rimming the glass.
A layered drink does look very cool and makes for a great presentation. The slower you can pour the liquid over the spoon the better the layering look. When you have served the drinks (the ones with vodka) you may want ask the person consuming the drink to mix it before they drink or they will get a mouthful of vodka before anything, unless that’s what they want 😉
I’ve created a video tutorial so you can see the recipe being made. Just press play!
- 4 tablespoons corn syrup
- Black food coloring
- 4 ounces grendine
- 8 ounces orange juice
- 4 ounces vodka substitute soda water for non alcoholic
- Add the corn shallow bowl and mix in a few drops of black food coloring and mix well.
- Dip the rim of 2 martini glasses in to coat the rim.
- Add a few drops of black food coloring to the vodka and mix well.
- Pour the grenadine into the bottom of each glass.
- Add the orange juice, very slowly pouring over the back of a spoon.
- Top each with the black vodka, pouring slowly over a spoon.