Halloween Popcorn is perfect for entertaining scary people or just need a tasty snack while you’re trick or treating.
This popcorn is easy to make and the orange and black bring a spooky look to your food. No tricks, just treats.
When researching how I could make popcorn orange and black, I came across pumpkin spice candy melts that are orange. After a further Google search, I found candy melts in black. Done! My orange and black popcorn plan has come together!
After popping the corn, the candy melts are melted in separate bowls. This can be done in the microwave, just follow the instruction on the package because if it is overheated (just like chocolate) it will start to firm up.
Once the candy melts are melted, the popcorn is carefully mixed in until it is well coated. The coated popcorn is then spread out onto parchment paper and allowed to set. That’s it!
Every year around Halloween, I love to post a fun, Halloween-themed dish. Along with this Halloween popcorn, I’ve made a Halloween Brownie Graveyard (see pictures below) Blood Orange Martini, Spider Cupcakes, but the most elaborate one I have done, is a Skull and Dagger Cake. That was so much fun to make.
Get your kids involved making this treat on their favorite holiday. Just make sure they don’t eat it all.
If you’ve made this Halloween Popcorn or any other recipe, leave me a comment below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons corn kernels
- 1-10 ounce bag pumpkin spice candy melts
- 1-10 ounce bag black candy melts
- To a 6 quart pan with a lid add the oil and heat over medium high heat.
- Add 3 kernels and put on the lid.
- When the kernels start to pop, quickly add the rest of the kernels in an even layer and replace the lid, shake the pan.
- When the popping starts to slow down, turn off the heat and leave on the lid until all the kernels have popped.
- To a large bowl add the pumpkin spice candy melts and melt according to package directions.
- Mix in half of the popcorn and stir gently until all the popcorn is coated evenly.
- Spread onto parchment paper in an even layer, making sure they are not clumped together and allow to set.
- Meanwhile, melt the black candy melts in a large bowl and melt the same way.
- Mix in the the rest of the popcorn until well coated and spread onto parchment paper.
- Once the popcorn is set, mix the popcorn and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 67Saturated Fat 1gSodium 20mgCarbohydrates 5gSugar 4g