Halloween Popcorn is perfect for entertaining scary people or just need a tasty snack while you’re trick or treating. This popcorn is easy to make and the orange and black bring a spooky look to your food. No tricks, just treats.
When researching how I could make popcorn orange and black, I came across pumpkin spice candy melts that are orange. After a further Google search, I found candy melts in black. Done! My orange and black popcorn plan has come together!
After popping the corn, the candy melts are melted in separate bowls. This can be done in the microwave, just follow the instruction on the package because if it is overheated (just like chocolate) it will start to firm up.
Once the candy melts are melted, the popcorn is carefully mixed in until it is well coated. The coated popcorn is then spread out onto parchment paper and allowed to set. Halloween popcorn snack, done!
If you’ve tried this Halloween Popcorn or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see daily recipe updates.
Freshly popped popcorn are coated in sweet, orange and black candy melts.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons corn kernels
- 1-10 ounce bag pumpkin spice candy melts
- 1-10 ounce bag black candy melts
- To a 6 quart pan with a lid add the oil and heat over medium high heat.
- Add 3 kernels and put on the lid.
- When the kernels start to pop, quickly add the rest of the kernels in an even layer and replace the lid, shake the pan.
- When the popping starts to slow down, turn off the heat and leave on the lid until all the kernels have popped.
- To a large bowl add the pumpkin spice candy melts and melt according to package directions.
- Mix in half of the popcorn and stir gently until all the popcorn is coated evenly.
- Spread onto parchment paper in an even layer, making sure they are not clumped together and allow to set.
- Meanwhile, melt the black candy melts in a large bowl and melt the same way.
- Mix in the the rest of the popcorn until well coated and spread onto parchment paper.
- Once the popcorn is set, mix the popcorn and serve.