Halloween Blood Orange Martini is a fun and colorful ‘bloody’ drink to serve for Halloween along with a mocktail option. Spiders are getting into everything around here and even making webs right in the drinks! It might be time to exterminate.
Are you ready to drink blood this Halloween? This cocktail can also be made into a mocktail so no one is left without a drink in their hand. To make the drink a little more spooky, I painted a spider web onto the inside of the glass using black gel frosting that can found in any grocery store in the baking section.
I recommend freezing the glasses after adding the web and before pouring in the liquid. This helps set the spider web and also keeps the drink chilled. The spiders are just plastic props that can be found all over this time of year. I glued black sewing thread to him, then glued the other end of the thread to the rim of the glass.
A spooky spider sip where it’s best to keep the spirits in the glass.
If you like this spooky martini, I have more Halloween cocktails and mocktails like Halloween Scorpion Venom Punch.
- Black gel frosting
- 4 ounces lemon flavored vodka, ** see note
- 1/2 ounce Triple sec
- 4 ounces blood orange juice from 4 medium oranges, * see note
- Draw a spider web on the inside of 2 martini glasses and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Fill a martini shaker with ice. Add the all the ingredients and shake for 5 seconds.
- Strain into the martini glasses.
* If you can't find blood oranges, look in the fresh orange juice or juice aisle to see if your grocery store has it bottled, or try the juice aisle. You can also use blood orange soda.
** To make this a mocktail, substitute the vodka with 4 ounces orange juice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181