Grilled Miso Shrimp are plump and juicy shrimp marinated in white miso, sake, lime and ginger then skewered and grilled to delicious perfection.
Before moving on to the this yummy recipe. I would just like to announce that this is my 400th post on culinaryginger.com and want to thank everyone reading this and my supporters for allowing me to keep the website going. That is a lot of recipes and I hope you are all with me for the next 400 and beyond. Now, on to the dish at hand…
This grilled miso shrimp was recently part of a complete meal along with edamame snap pea salad with ginger sesame dressing and toasted coconut rice. Miso not only makes a delicious soup, but it gives great umami to a marinade for chicken or fish. When I eat shrimp in this way, I usually serve with some kind of dipping sauce, so I made a dipping sauce with the reserved marinade that I didn’t use for the raw shrimp.
What you have is a complete meal with lots of flavor, but yet light at the same time and since grilling season is right around the corner, this is a delicious and different way to serve grilled shrimp.
If you’ve tried these Grilled Miso Shrimp or any other recipe on the blog, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know it turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 1/4 cup sake, mirin can be substituted
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, grated or finely chopped
- 24 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- To a mixing bowl add the miso, sake, lime juice, ginger and garlic. Whisk to mix well.
- To a ziptop bag or container with a lid add the shrimp and pour 3/4 of the marinade over the shrimp, reserving the rest for a dipping sauce. Seal and refrigerate for up to 30 minutes.
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill.
- Remove the shrimp from the fridge and thread them onto skewers.
- Grill on each side for 2 minutes until pink.
- Serve with the extra marinade for dipping.
Serving Size:4 shrimp
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 65 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 46mg Sodium: 421mg Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 3g Protein: 6g