Crispy Layered Rosemary Potatoes
Crispy Layered Rosemary Potatoes are thinly sliced potatoes layered with butter and rosemary then baked to crispy perfection. A lovely side dish to serve for family dinners or holidays.
Remember the grilled herb and lime chicken from a couple of weeks ago? These potatoes were the perfect side dish to accompany the chicken along with simple roasted carrots. Impressive presentation for entertaining, but easy to pull off.
The mandolin makes for perfectly uniform thin slices every time, but it’s not my favorite kitchen tool because it scares me. The use of the mandolin helps make this recipe a lot easier and quicker and for that, I respect it. If you don’t have a mandolin, you can certainly get nice thin slices using a nice sharp knife.
Chef tip: Assembling the potatoes in this way ensures they are nice and crispy. When the potato slices are covered in butter they will be slippery so don’t try and stack them in the dish one at a time. Collect a nice stack in your hand (like a deck of cards) then stand them in the pan so they will have stability and not slide and you can make them look pretty.
I’ve served these potatoes for holiday’s, family dinners and dinner parties and everyone loves the presentation. Now, there is a lot of butter in this recipe (I didn’t say it was a diet dish), but what goes better together than butter and potatoes? The butter will guarantee a nice brown crispy potato, so go for the butter. Even if it’s just for today.
If you’ve tried these Crispy Layered Rosemary Potatoes or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 4 pounds gold potatoes, unpeeled and washed
- 4 ounces/1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Position oven rack in the center and preheat to 375 degrees F.
- Slice the potatoes 1/8 inch thick.
- Spread out onto a clean towel and pat dry.
- Add the potatoes to a large mixing bowl and pour over the melted butter, rosemary and salt. Mix well until all the potatoes are coated.
- To a small baking dish (about 8 inch square), line the potatoes vertically.
- Sprinkle with a little more salt and bake for 45 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
Serving Size4 ounces
Amount Per Serving Calories 352Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 69mgSodium 168mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 4g