This almond banana bread can more than satisfy a banana bread craving. Nutty and full of banana flavor, it’s hard stop at just 1 slice. Perfect for breakfast, a tasty snack or dessert.
My regular banana bread recipe is taken to a lighter and moister level with the new addition of almond milk. This banana bread recipe has been my go-to for some years now and is the perfect use of those over-ripe bananas that always seem to ripen at the wrong time. I am baffled at how they can go from green and inedible to over-ripe in what seems like just hours.
Almond milk is a great dairy-free alternative and adds great moisture to the bread. This almond banana bread never fails me and turns out perfectly every time.
Almond milk gives this almond banana bread a lovely level of moisture with a nutty bite from slivered almonds.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick unsalted butter 4 ounces, melted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature, slightly beaten
- 2 large ripe bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds toasted
- Butter a loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To a mixing bowl sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
To another bowl cream the butter and sugar, beat until combined. Beat the eggs into the butter and then add mix in the mashed banana.
Fold in 1/2 of the flour mix until combined, then fold in 1/2 of the almond milk then fold in the rest of the flour and finish with folding in the rest of the almond milk. Stir in the slivered almonds.
- Spread the batter into the loaf pan evenly and bake for 60 minutes until browned and when an toothpick is inserted in the center comes out clean.