Almond Banana Bread
This Almond Banana bread can more than satisfy a banana bread craving. Nutty and full of banana flavor, it’s hard stop at just 1 slice. Perfect for breakfast, a tasty snack or dessert.
My regular banana bread recipe is taken to a lighter and moister level with the new addition of almond milk. This banana bread recipe has been my go-to for some years now and is the perfect use of those over-ripe bananas that always seem to ripen at the wrong time.
I am baffled at how bananas can go from green and inedible to over-ripe in what seems like just hours. Yet, if I need them to ripen quickly, they’re stubborn and wont ripen. I digress.
Not gluten free
The title may suggest that this Almond Banana Bread is gluten-free, it is not. There is not almond flour, it is called such because of the almond milk used.
Almond milk is a great dairy-free alternative and adds great moisture to the bread. This almond banana bread never fails me and turns out perfectly every time.
To maximize the shelf-life of the banana bread, wrap well in plastic wrap or foil and place in a plastic container with a lid. It should stay moist at room temperature (68-77°F/20-25°C) for 2-3 days.
If you’ve tried this Almond Banana Bread or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how they turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick unsalted butter, 4 ounces, melted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, slightly beaten
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Butter a loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- To a mixing bowl sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- To another bowl cream the butter and sugar, beat until combined. Beat the eggs into the butter and then add and mix in the mashed banana.
- Fold in 1/2 of the flour mix until combined, then fold in 1/2 of the almond milk then fold in the rest of the flour and finish with folding in the rest of the almond milk. Stir in the slivered almonds.
- Spread the batter into the loaf pan evenly and bake for 60 minutes until browned and when an toothpick is inserted in the center comes out clean.
Serving Size1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 374Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 77mgSodium 247mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 3gSugar 23gProtein 7g