This almond banana bread can more than satisfy a banana bread craving. Nutty and full of banana flavor, it’s hard stop at just 1 slice. Perfect for breakfast, a tasty snack or dessert.
My regular banana bread recipe is taken to a lighter and moister level with the new addition of Dream Ultimate Almond. This has been my go-to for some years now and is the perfect use of those over-ripe bananas that always seem to ripen at the wrong time. I am baffled at how they can go from green and inedible to over-ripe in what seems like just hours. I thought I couldn’t improve on my tried and true recipe and it did not have any liquid until I was asked to post about the new Dream Ultimate Almond, which, by the way is so rich and creamy, unlike the usual thin almond milk. Dream Ultimate Almond added an entirely new texture to the recipe (and as I’m typing this my husband is in the background telling me it has never been better). Now that is a testament to this product.
Being a California resident, I’m proud to know that the Dream Ultimate Almond is made with four times more real California almonds in every cup as well as 5 grams of natural protein. All their products are lactose, dairy and gluten free so this is great news for those of you with allergies and intolerances. With varieties of original, unsweetened and vanilla there is something for everyone, for every application whether you’re using it in a bowl of cereal, or getting creative in the kitchen they will all soon be available on the shelves and the refrigerated section of your Whole Foods and Sprouts stores.
So now that you’re ready to go and buy Dream Almond Ultimate, visit their website to grab valuable coupons > www.dreamplantbased.com
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick unsalted butter 4 ounces, melted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature, slightly beaten
- 2 large ripe bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup Dream Ultimate Almond unsweetened
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds toasted
- Butter a loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To a mixing bowl sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- To another bowl cream the butter and sugar, beat until combined.
- Beat the eggs into the butter and then add mix in the mashed banana.
- Fold in 1/2 of the flour mix until combined, then fold in 1/2 of the Dream Ultimate Almond, then fold in the rest of the flour and finish with folding in the rest of the Dream Ultimate Almond. Stir in the slivered almonds.
- Spread the batter into the loaf pan evenly and bake for 60 minutes until browned and when an toothpick is inserted in the center comes out clean.