How do you make salsa verde?
If you’ve tried this Grilled Salsa Verde or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see daily recipe updates.
Grilled Salsa Verde
This grilled salsa verde is not your average salsa verde. Grilled tomatillos, pasilla peppers and jalapeño with added sweetness from pineapple. This is a salsa so full of flavor you'll find it hard to put down the tortilla chips.
- 2 pasilla peppers
- 6 medium tomatillos husks removed, rinsed cut into quarters
- 1 medium jalapeño
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 small can crushed pineapple
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat outdoor grill.
- Grill the pasilla peppers and jalapeño until the skin is blackened.
- Put the roasted peppers in a glass bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 30 minutes.
- Grill the tomatillos for 3 minutes per side , set them aside.
- When the peppers are cooled, using a paper towel rub them to remove the skin and roughly chop.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until puréed.