This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AuthenticSalsaStyle #CollectiveBias
Grilled beef stuffed poblano peppers are prepared entirely on the grill, so you can keep the kitchen cool by taking the heat outside. Mexican food is the ideal cuisine to make for summer grilling and entertaining.
There’s nothing worse than being inside when entertaining and all your guests are outside enjoying themselves. These grilled beef stuffed poblano peppers will get you out of the kitchen and mingling with your guests and you can even get them involved in the preparation and cooking. Another plus to this recipe is, it can be transported. Yes, home grilled food to-go. If you are having a Labor Day BBQ, tailgating, picnicking, whatever your plans are for the final weeks of summer, you can make this dish then pack it up and take it with you.
It’s all about the easy when it comes to this recipe, which is exactly what you want when you’re entertaining. Ground beef, onions, garlic and corn are cooked in a skillet right on the grill. The peppers are cut in half and filled with a delicious mix of the ground beef and HERDEZ® Salsa Verde. The last step is of course adding Monterey Jack cheese and letting it get all warm and melted on the grill. I just made my mouth water because I know how good these are and you should too.
HERDEZ® Brand products are my go-to for store-bought salsa with very few ingredients with authentic flavors and are an easy way to impart fresh and delicious flavor into so many recipes. HERDEZ® Salsa as well as all the ingredients for this recipe can be found at your local Walmart. The salsa can be found in the Hispanic food aisle and the beef in the meat section.
Get recipe inspiration and beef nutrition information at “Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner”
I hope I’ve inspired you to keep on grilling and enjoy the last weeks of summer. Share with me what plans you have. Maybe some big Labor Day plans?
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small or 1/2 medium white onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons mild chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 4 tablespoons /1/4 cup HERDEZ® Salsa Verde
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon cilantro chopped
- 2 poblano peppers cut in half and seeds removed
- 2 cups grated Monterey jack cheese
- Preheat outdoor grill on high.
- When very hot, place a cast iron or heavy skillet on the grill and add vegetable oil.
- Add beef and cook until starts to brown then add the onions and cook until they soften.
- While the beef and onions are cooking, place the peppers, cut side down on the grill for 1 to 2 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Stir in the garlic, salt, chili powder and corn to the beef and onions, cook for 2 minutes then add the HERDEZ® Salsa Verde and mix well to combine.
- Stuff the pepper halves with the cooked beef mixture and top with Monterey jack cheese.
- Place the peppers back to the grill, skin-side down and cook until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with your favorite sides.