Grilled Beef Stuffed Poblano Peppers are prepared entirely on the grill so you can keep the kitchen cool by taking the heat outside. Mexican food is the ideal cuisine to make for summer grilling and entertaining.
There’s nothing worse than being inside when entertaining and all your guests are outside enjoying themselves. These grilled beef stuffed poblano peppers will get you out of the kitchen and mingling with your guests and you can even get them involved in the preparation and cooking.
Another plus to this recipe is, it can be transported. Yes, home grilled food to-go. If you are having a Labor Day BBQ, tailgating, picnicking, whatever your plans are for the final weeks of summer, you can make this dish then pack it up and take it with you.
It’s all about the easy when it comes to this recipe, which is exactly what you want when you’re entertaining. Ground beef, onions, garlic and corn are cooked in a skillet right on the grill. The peppers are cut in half and filled with a delicious mix of the ground beef and salsa verde.
I made my own homemade grilled salsa verde that is so good! The last step is of course adding Monterey Jack cheese and letting it get all warm and melted on the grill. I just made my mouth water because I know how good these are and you should too.
If you’ve tried these Grilled Beef Stuffed Poblano Peppers or any other recipe on the blog, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small or 1/2 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons mild chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 4 tablespoons salsa verde
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon cilantro chopped
- 2 poblano peppers, cut in half and seeds removed
- 2 cups grated Monterey jack cheese
- Preheat outdoor grill on high.
- When very hot, place a cast iron or heavy skillet on the grill and add vegetable oil.
- Add beef and cook until starts to brown then add the onions and cook until they soften.
- While the beef and onions are cooking, place the peppers, cut side down on the grill for 1 to 2 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Stir in the garlic, salt, chili powder and corn to the beef and onions, cook for 2 minutes then add the salsa verde and mix well to combine.
- Stuff the pepper halves with the cooked beef mixture and top with Monterey jack cheese.
- Place the peppers back to the grill, skin-side down and cook until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with your favorite sides.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 606 Saturated Fat: 22g Cholesterol: 130mg Sodium: 1391mg Carbohydrates: 17g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 4g Protein: 35g