Edamame and Snap Peas with Sesame Ginger Dressing Recipe is well-dressed, full of flavor that is umami inducing. An easy and delicious side dish.
I made this salad as part of a complete dinner of grilled miso shrimp and toasted coconut rice for dinner last night after getting inspired at my local Japanese market and the fact that the weather is getting warmer and I’m feeling very spring-like. The entire meal was so easy to whip up, it came together in 30 minutes (after marinating the shrimp). The salad was the first thing on my plate that I devoured and went back for seconds, definitely the star of this show (with the shrimp in a close second).
It must be the combination of the creamy edamame along with the crunch snap peas and carrots balanced with the dressing that I have to say, makes this dish. It is perfectly salty, sweet with a tiny little kick from the chili paste. Did I mention that it’s also good for you? I’m sure you know that, I mean it is bowl full of colorful good-for-you vegetables (you know, eat the rainbow). I am going to be enjoying this for my lunch today because the leftovers are amazing. They’ve been bathing in the gorgeous dressing since yesterday, soaking it all in!
If you’ve tried these Edamame and Snap Peas with Sesame Ginger Dressing Recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 1/2 pound snap peas
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- toasted sesame seeds
- To a mixing bowl add the ginger, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, chili paste and honey. Whisk until mixed well. Set aside.
- Add ice and water to a large bowl (to cool the vegetables once cooked).
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil.
- Add the edamame and cook for 3 minutes, add the snap peas and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables and put immediately into the ice water for 5 minutes until cooled.
- Drain the vegetables, dry and add to a large bowl along with the shredded carrots.
- Toss with the dressing and serve garnished with toasted sesame seeds.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 275 Saturated Fat: 2g Sodium: 561mg Carbohydrates: 19g Protein: 11g