I’ve created a video so you can see the recipe being made. Just press play!
How to make these Easy Chicken Meatballs in 4 easy steps:
If you’ve tried these Easy Chicken Meatballs or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAMand PINTEREST to see daily recipe updates.
Ground chicken breast is mixed with pancetta, Parmesan and fresh basil for a lighter, gluten-free delicious meatball.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces pancetta finely diced
- 4 ounces yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- Small pinch of salt (there is salt in the Parmesan)
- 1/4 tablespoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 375°F.
To a sauté pan add the oil over medium heat. Add the pancetta and onions and cook until the onions start to soften. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute taking care not to burn the garlic.
Add the tomato paste and stir to combine, cook for 1 minute. Transfer the onion mixture to a bowl and set aside to cool.
To a large bowl add the ground chicken, Parmesan, basil, cooled onion pancetta mix, salt and pepper. Mix with your hands until all the ingredients are combined, don't over mix.
Scoop 1 tablespoon of the meat into your hand and roll into a ball, place on a baking sheet. Repeat until all the meat is used (see note for freezing from this point).
Bake the meatballs for 25 minutes or until browned. Do not overcook.
- This recipe yields about 12-14 meatballs depending on the size
- To freeze uncooked meatballs, line them up on a small baking sheet without touching, make room in the freezer and freeze for 2 hours. This makes it easy to transfer them to a ziptop bag for long-term freezer storage and they won't stick together.
- The recipe calls for a small pinch of salt as the Parmesan contains salt