Classic Penne all’Arrabbiata
Classic Penne all’Arrabbiata is an authentic quick, easy and very tasty pasta dish that is ready in about 15 minutes. If you like your pasta a little garlicky with a little kick, this dish is for you.
This easy pasta dish originates from the Lazio region of Italy, its principal city being Rome. Arrabbiata, which is Italian for angry; which refers to the sauce being angry stemming from the addition of a fresh chili.
Make the pasta as spicy as you like
Variations on the spiciness can also come from red pepper flakes. The amount of heat I add to this recipe (1 red chili) is about as spicy as I would like to go without losing the enjoyment of the dish.
I’ve once again teamed up with some of my fellow bloggers for our 30 day recipe challenge and this months theme is easy pasta dishes.
Check out all the other delicious EASY PASTA DINNERS recipes below from bloggers who took part in our 30 Day Pasta Challenge.
- Garlic Meatballs and Pasta from Lovefoodies
- One Pot Pizza Tortellini Bake from Life Currents
- Easy Bow Tie Pasta Soup from Blessed Beyond Crazy
- One-Pot Easy Caprese Pasta from Noshing With The Nolands
- Pressure Cooker Lasagna Soup from Who Needs A Cape?
- Pasta in Creamy Sausage Sauce from The Kitchen is My Playground
- Cheesy Beef and Kale Penne Pasta from Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- One Pot Sausage and Ziti from Savory Experiments
This Classic Penne all’Arrabbiata, which is usually shortened to just penne arrabbiata, is perfect for entertaining. I also like to whip up a batch for a quiet night at home with a movie and glass of wine. This dish would work as a side dish to a chicken or fish dish and makes great leftovers.
However you serve it, don’t forget the crusty bread.
If you’ve tried this Classic Penne all’Arrabbiata or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see daily recipe updates.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 red chili peppers, finely chopped
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, roughly torn
- Bring a large pan of water to boil for pasta.
- While the water is coming up a boil, add the oil to a sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and chili and cook for 2 minutes, do not brown the garlic. Add the tomatoes and salt and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the penne to the boiling water and cook the penne according to package directions, 9-10 minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooked, use a slotted spoon and add the pasta (draining the water) right from the water to the sauce. Mix well, add the basil and mix. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving Calories 489Sodium 608mgCarbohydrates 93gProtein 16g