Chocolate Pecan Coated Ice Cream Balls
Chocolate Pecan Coated Ice Cream Balls are one of the easiest summer desserts you can make. Delicious vanilla ice cream is coated in dark, crispy chocolate, toasted pecans and served with your favorite caramel.
If you’re entertaining this summer, or, if you just love chocolate, ice cream, toasted pecans and caramel, you need to make this dessert. It could not be easier!
If you remember, I recently made no churn vanilla bean ice cream, the perfect blank canvas ice cream for any dessert.
This dessert starts with 2 scoops of the ice cream that are rolled into a ball. Now, I know it’s not usual to handle ice cream, but in order to get ice cream balls, they do need to be shaped.
I wore food safe plastic gloves, this puts a barrier between the cold ice cream and your skin. You have work quickly or the warmth of your hands can start the ice cream melting. To help slow this down, you can dip your hands in chilled water before you roll the ice cream.
The ice creams need to go immediately into the freezer for 30 to retain their shape. If they’re not perfect when they go in, you can shape them a little after they have frozen. After the 30 minutes, they are coated with melted chocolate.
I like semi-sweet chocolate, your preference is up to you. While the chocolate is still melted (it hardens quickly once poured over the ice cream), toasted pecans are sprinkled on so they stick to the chocolate and that’s it!
Simply serve with your favorite caramel sauce, a garnish of raspberries and cookie and dessert is served. This dessert makes a great make ahead and they will keep in the freezer for a couple days then you just have to plate when you need them.
If you’ve tried these Chocolate Pecan Coated Ice Cream Balls or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 8 scoops vanilla bean ice cream
- 8 ounces (226 grams) semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup (75 grams) toasted pecan pieces
- Caramel sauce
- Add a cooling rack to a baking sheet that will fit into your freezer.
- Wearing a pair of rubber gloves, use a large ice cream scoop, scoop 2 balls of ice cream into your hand and quickly shape into a ball, place on the cooling rack. Repeat until you have 4 ice cream balls.
- Freeze for 30 minutes. If the balls are not perfect you can re-shape them after they freeze.
- Add the chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high in 20 second increments, stirring between increments, until melted
- Make sure the melted chocolate is not too hot. Pour the chocolate in an even coating over the one of ice cream balls, immediately sprinkle with pecans. Repeat with the rest of the balls.
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your favorite caramel sauce.
- *Tip – Freeze the bowls or plates that you are going to serve them on so the ice cream does not melt as quickly.
Serving Size1 ball
Amount Per Serving Calories 169Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 18mgSodium 73mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 1gSugar 20gProtein 2g