Chicken Tostada Salad Bowls
How do I bake tortilla bowls?
If you’ve tried this Chicken Tostada Salad Bowls or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you liked it in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see daily recipe updates.
- 8, 5-inch flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil plus more for brushing on tortillas
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- ½ cup canned black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Small pinch ground black pepper
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Chipotle tabasco sauce
- Juice from 1 lime
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/176°C.
- Brush each tortilla with oil on both sides. Using a muffin tin turned upside down, press the tortillas into a shell shape in between the muffin cups. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- To a bowl add the corn, beans, tomato, cumin, salt and pepper, mix well.
- To a small mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, tabasco sauce, lime and salt. Stir until combined. Set aside.
- To a small bowl add the coriander, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper, mix well. Sprinkle all over the chicken and mix to coat well.
- To a large sauté pan add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat over medium heat. Sauté the chicken until browned.
- Take a cooled tostada shell and add the lettuce, the cooked chicken, corn salsa and drizzle with the sour cream dressing.
Serving Size:2 bowls
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 575Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 1585mgCarbohydrates: 86gFiber: 12gSugar: 5gProtein: 19g