Blueberry Orange Upside Down Muffins
These blueberry orange upside down muffins are tasty from the top to the fruit bottom. With fresh orange juice and zest all the way through to a special treat at the bottom of fresh blueberries.
There’s something so comforting about starting the day enjoying a fresh fruit muffin with your tea or coffee and ones with added fruit is a bonus.
Orange and blueberries are a delicious flavor combination. I was inspired by my orange salted caramel upside down cake when I made these muffins.
What I realized with these muffins is that the blueberries like to bubble up through the dough and come through the surface. It didn’t happen on all of them, but if it happens to you, don’t worry, it just makes them more homemade looking.
Fresh blueberries are placed in the bottom of the muffin cups with fresh orange zest, then the muffin mixed is poured over and baked. They really couldn’t be easier and now you have a delicious breakfast for every day of the week and into the next.
More Muffin Recipes:
If you’ve made these Blueberry Orange Upside Down Muffins or any other recipe leave a comment below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 3 ounces (90 grams) fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 cups (256 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (128 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) fresh orange juice
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/3 cup (78 ml) vegetable oil
- Make sure your oven rack is in the center of the oven and preheat to 350°F/176°C.
- Add muffin liners to a 12-muffin tin.
- Arrange blueberries in the bottom of each muffin cup in a single layer and top with 1 teaspoon grated orange zest. Set aside.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt to a mixing bowl.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine sugar, orange juice, egg, oil and 1 teaspoon orange zest, beat until blended.
- Add the wet mixture to flour mixture in 3 batches stir until moistened between each addition.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill each muffin cup 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in the muffin tins for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving Calories 92Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 16mgSodium 147mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 3g
This nutrition calculation is provided by Nutronix that is only a guideline and not intended for any particular diet.