Bacon Cheddar Corn Muffins
Bacon Cheddar Corn Muffins come with bacon and cheese baked right inside! A comforting, slightly sweet and salty breakfast or brunch item. Is there any better way to start the day?
Friday is my day to make something special for weekend breakfasts and these Bacon Cheddar Muffins are on regular rotation.
What I love about these muffins (other than my love of bacon and cheese) was that they are not too sweet, but you still get that ‘sweet/savory’ element which I love. The muffins also have cornmeal which gives them great texture and bite with just a hint of maple flavor.
Bacon + maple = yum!
If like me, you prefer a savory breakfast, these savory muffins are for you. Word of caution, if you’re feeding a crowd, make enough for at least 2 per person because 1 just doesn’t seem enough and most everyone goes in for seconds and thirds.
Be prepared for a pavlovian reaction as these muffins bake because your kitchen will fill with the mouth watering smell of bacon and cheese (drool).
If you’ve tried these Bacon Cheddar Corn Muffins or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see daily recipe updates.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (128 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (128 grams) ground cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) canola oil
- 1/3 cup (78 ml) maple syrup
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (75 grams) plus 1/4 cup (25 grams) grated Cheddar cheese
- 6 slices cooked bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chives, chopped (optional)
- Position a rack near the top of your oven and preheat to 400°F/200°C.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pans with paper liners.
- In stand mixer or using a hand mixer, cream the butter, sugar and salt for 1 to 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time.
- Add the all-purpose flour, cornmeal, baking powder and mix until incorporated. Add the canola oil, maple syrup, and milk and mix well. Use a spatula to stir in the 3/4 cup cheddar, bacon and chives (if using) until well incorporated.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining grated cheddar over the muffins. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until browned and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
Amount Per Serving Calories 153Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 45mgSodium 332mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 5g
This nutrition calculation is provided by Nutronix that is only a guideline and not intended for any particular diet.