Today is the first day of autumn (fall) and these Autumn Spiced Nuts are perfect for this new season. Mixed nuts and pumpkin seeds are roasted with warm spices, honey and rosemary. The perfect comforting snack.
Isn’t fall just the best time of the year? Think sitting by the fire. It’s chilly outside and you’re in your cozy slippers sipping a hot toddy and snacking on these nuts. Maybe you’re watching a movie or just listening to music. Sounds good doesn’t it?
These spicy mixed nuts are a snack that I always have around at this time of the year. They’re also healthy which is not what we think of when we are bundled up and all we want is comfort food.
Perfect for holiday entertaining
If you’re like most of around the holiday season and have people stopping by at a moments notice. If you have these nuts in your cabinet, you have something to offer your guests. Everyone loves them served with a good cocktail, just sayin’.
I’ve been sending them to work with my husband as a snack, but his co-workers seemed to have latched on to them so I’ve been making extra.
I always say that spices are a delicious, easy and healthy way to add flavor to any food. I used a combination of garam masala, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. All perfect fall and warming spices.
Spiced not Spicy
These roasted mixed nuts are spiced but are not spicy. If you want to add a little spice, add some cayenne pepper and taste as you add.
Now there is no reason to buy store-bought spiced nuts anymore, you can make your own and customize them by using the mix of nuts and spices that you prefer.
If you’ve tried these Autumn Spiced Nuts or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see daily recipe updates.
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups almonds, raw unsalted
- 2 cups pecans, raw unsalted
- 2 cups cashews, raw unsalted
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds, unsalted with or without shells
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F with oven rack in the center of oven.
- Line 1 large and 1 medium baking sheets with parchment paper and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Add the garam masala, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, rosemary and salt to a small bowl, mix and set aside.
- Add the egg whites and honey to a mixing bowl and whisk until frothy. Stir in the nuts and pumpkin seeds. Add the spices in small batches, mixing well between additions.
- Spread the nut mixture onto the baking sheet in an even layer. Roast for 10 minutes, stir and continue to roast for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 497 Saturated Fat: 4g Sodium: 72mg Carbohydrates: 21g Protein: 15g