Today is the first day of Autumn (Fall) and these Autumn spiced nuts are perfect for this new season. Mixed nuts and pumpkin seeds are roasted with warm spices, honey and rosemary. The perfect comforting snack.
Think sitting by the fire. It’s chilly outside and you’re in your cozy slippers sipping a hot toddy and snacking on these nuts. Maybe you’re watching a movie or just listening to music. Sounds good doesn’t it?
These nuts are also perfect for serving to guests over drinks when entertaining. I’ve also been sending them to work with my husband as a snack, but his co-workers seemed to have latched on to them so I’ve been making extra.
So now you don’t have to buy store-bought spiced nuts, you can make your own and customize by using the mix of nuts that you prefer.
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups almonds raw unsalted
- 2 cups pecans raw unsalted
- 2 cups cashews raw unsalted
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds unsalted with our without shells
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F with oven rack in the center of oven.
- Line 1 large and 1 medium baking sheets with parchment paper and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Add the garam masala, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt to a small bowl, mix and set aside.
- Add the egg whites and honey to a mixing bowl and whisk until frothy.
- Stir in the nuts and pumpkin seeds.
- Add the spices in small batches, mixing well between additions.
- Spread the nut mixture onto the baking sheet in an even layer.
- Roast for 10 minutes, stir and continue to roast for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.