Vegan Mushroom Soup
Cashew nut substitute
If you’ve tried this Vegan Mushroom Soup or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see daily recipe updates.
- 1 1/2 pounds of mixed mushrooms, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium leek, chop, then wash in a bowl of water, drain on a paper towel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2/3 cup of raw cashews (or 1/2 cup potato, peeled and chopped)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- To a large saucepan, add the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add all the mushrooms, sauté until soft and browned. Remove 1/3 of mushrooms and set aside to add to soup later.
- Add the leeks, salt and pepper. Continue to sauté until leeks are soft. Add the garlic and rosemary, cook for 2 minutes. Add the cashews (or potato) and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- If you have an immersion blender, use this to blend the soup in the pan. If not, transfer 1/4 to a blender and blend until smooth, if it's too thick, add a little water to get the consistency you like. Transfer to a bowl and continue with the rest of the soup.
- Put all the soup back into the soup pan, add the mushrooms that were set aside. Reheat and test for seasoning, add salt if needed. Serve.
Serving Size1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 193Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 2mgSodium 359mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 6g