Healthy nuts and dried fruit makes up this tropical trail mix is not salty, not too sweet and a perfect wholesome source of energy. Whatever you’re doing, wherever you’re going, this is the perfect anytime snack.
I’ve been traveling a lot this summer and it’s not over yet. Road trips and long-haul flights are not fun when you are hungry so that is why this is my go-to snack that I have with me at all time. Perfect for travel or just to keep with you for a tasty snack when you need it. If you have a cranky husband (like me) when he’s hungry or cranky children, this is the fix. With parents thinking about back-to-school lunches and snacks, this snack will keep your child alert and get them through their day.
This trail mix is not just perfect as a snack. Sprinkle some in your morning cereal for a flavorful crunch and taste sensation, or top your smoothie. Nuts don’t have to be salted to be enjoyable, to make them flavorful. Raw almonds and pecans are roasted for 10 minutes and mixed with dried fruit for that savory, salty bite.
You can customize this trail mix to add in just about anything you like, raisins, banana chips, dried apricots, dried cranberries, cashews, peanuts, have fun with it. Because I used tropical fruit, I called it tropical trail mix.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit of choice
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and position rack in the center.
- Spread the almonds onto a baking sheet in an even layer and roast for 13 minutes, remove and allow to cool.
- Spread the pecans onto a baking sheet and roast for 8 minutes, remove and allow to cool. If you have 2 baking sheets, you can do them both at the same time, just take the pecans out before the almonds.
- Once cooled, add the nuts to a large bowl and mix in the dried fruit and coconut..
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 318 Saturated Fat: 7g Sodium: 22mg Carbohydrates: 23g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 17g Protein: 5g