To bring all the fresh flavors together, homemade Whole Wheat Burger Buns (recipe link below) are used as the vessel for this burger and let me tell you, it doesn’t get any better than this.
If you’ve tried these Tilapia Burger or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how they turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 1 pound tilapia filets, cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup curry caramelized onions (optional)
- Preheat grill pan or barbecue on medium high.
- Add the tilapia, cilantro, mint, ginger, zest and lemon juice, mustard and spices to a blender food processor.
- Pulse 4 times, scrape down the sides and pulse 4 more times.
- Oil the grill so the burgers don't stick.
- Form into 2 inch round patties and grill for 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve on your favorite bun with curry caramelized onions (optional) and favorite condiments and sides.
Serving Size:1 burger
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 152 Cholesterol: 56mg Sodium: 289mg Protein: 23g