Tilapia Burgers are made delicious with added fresh herbs and topped with caramelized onions. A very tasty meat alternative.
Tilapia is a mild white fish that’s perfect to take on the myriad of flavors in these delicious burgers.
I love all burgers, beef, chicken, salmon, but I wanted to make something different. Tilapia on its own does not have much flavor and needs a little help, fresh herbs.
The herbs I chose for this are cilantro, mint and fresh ginger. Dill is also a delicious option. If you don’t like cilantro, you can use fresh parsley.
Additional flavors of lemon (because fish loves lemon) mustard and ground coriander makes this one yummy burger and you wont miss the meat.
To bring all the fresh flavors together, homemade Whole Wheat Burger Buns (recipe link below) are used as the vessel for this burger and let me tell you, it doesn’t get any better than this.
If you’ve tried these Tilapia Burger or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how they turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 1 pound (453 grams) tilapia filets, cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat grill pan or barbecue on medium high.
- Add the tilapia, cilantro, mint, ginger, zest and lemon juice, mustard and spices to a blender food processor. Pulse 4 times, scrape down the sides and pulse 4 more times.
- Oil the grill so the burgers don't stick.
- Form into 2 inch round patties and grill for 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve on your favorite bun with your favorite toppings, condiments and sides.
Serving Size:1 burger
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152 Cholesterol: 56mg Sodium: 289mg Protein: 23g