Not only are the curry caramelized onions in the burger, they are also a topping, because there’s nothing better on a burger than caramelized onions. Also in the burger is fresh mint and fresh cilantro and these fresh flavors are mirrored in the cilantro and mint mayonnaise I used on the bun. To bring all the fresh flavors together, homemade whole wheat burger buns are used as the vessel for this burger and let me tell you, it doesn’t get any better than this.
Tilapia is a mild white fish that's perfect to take on the myriad of flavors in this delicious burger. These tilapia burgers are light and delicious meat alternative.
- 1 pound tilapia filets cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup curry caramelized onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat grill pan or barbecue on medium high.
- Add the tilapia, caramelized onions, cilantro, mint, ginger, zest and lemon juice, mustard and spices to a blender food processor.
- Pulse 4 times, scrape down the sides and pulse 4 more times.
- Oil the grill so the burgers don't stick.
- Form into 2 inch round patties and grill for 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve on your favorite bun with your favorite condiments and sides.