This post is sponsored by Cavit wines. This content is intended for readers who are 21 or older and all opinions are my own.
Salmon sliders with caper lemon mayonnaise are delicious, light, summery bites. Fresh salmon is mixed with chives, dill, Dijon mustard and lemon served on mini slider buns and topped with a flavorful mayonnaise.
May 26th is Pinot Grigio day! That is a great day in my book and I’m excited to be working once again with Cavit wine. Cavit first introduced Pinot Grigio to the United States in 1977 so we are all excited to celebrate Pinot Grigio day and this is the best wine to celebrate with. When you’re enjoying wine, it’s always nice to have a delicious food pairing. With citrus flavors of lemon and lime, Pinot Grigio makes the perfect light wine to pair with these salmon sliders.
After Pinot Grigio day, we have Memorial Day and summer is officially also on the way so these sliders are perfect for outdoor entertaining all season long. Serve as appetizers or main dish.
Fresh salmon makes delicious light burgers and that is what you need when enjoying a light, crisp wine. Any food that is too heavy would just not pair as well. With all the usual, delicious suspects that work perfectly with salmon are capers, dill and Dijon mustard and these flavors are carried through from the sliders to the mayonnaise for a cohesive flavor burst. All of these flavors get a chance to get happy with the burgers for the best umami.
Dressed simply with a lettuce leaf and topped with the mayonnaise, these mini sliders go down very well and even better when washed down with well chilled Cavit Pinto Grigio.
- 4 tablespoons good mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon capers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- Small pinch ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 pound salmon, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slider buns
- To a bowl add the mayonnaise, mustard, capers, lemon zest, dill and pepper. Mix well, taste for salt and add if necessary and set aside. Mine had enough salt from the capers and mayonnaise.
- Add the salmon chunks to a food processor and pulse 10 times until the salmon is finely chopped. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- To the salmon add the, chives, dill, mustard, lemon zest, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Take 2 ounces of the salmon, press firmly into a ball, then shape into a patty 2 ½ inches wide and ½ inch thick. Repeat until you have 8 patties. Put the patties on a plate and refrigerate for 1 hour to set.
- Grill, broil or pan sauté the patties, 2-3 minutes per side. No more than this or they will be overcooked.
- Serve on slider buns with a slice of lettuce and top with the mayonnaise.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 219 Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 34mg Sodium: 409mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 14g