Spicy Jalapeño Mango Margarita
Everyone who likes them, loves a good margarita. This Spicy Jalapeño Mango Margarita takes this favorite Mexican libation to a whole other flavor level with only 3 ingredients.
A delicious margarita doesn’t get any easier than this because all the flavor and sweetness comes from mango sorbet.
No need to mess with overly sweet mixes when making this drink. Simply defrost the sorbet (if you don’t like mango, use any flavor you like) mix and serve.
There are 2 types of margarita drinkers, ones who like a salt rim and those who don’t. I’m a don’t. But, I do like it with this version. Maybe it’s the lime chili salt rim that I like?
If you’re looking for a more classic margarita, I also have a delicious Lemon Lime Margarita recipe.
Speaking of the lime chili salt rim, this Spicy Jalapeño Mango Margarita is made using mild chili pepper because I think the drink itself is spicy enough. The mild brings a lovely earthy flavor that pairs well with the sweet and salt. You can use spicy chili powder if you wish.
To get a good coating on the rim of the glass, it’s best to use a shallow bowl that is just slightly larger in circumference than the glass you are using. This prevents the mix spreading out too much and preventing it stick to the rim.
I like to make my own salt rim mix because I always have the spices in my cabinet and I can control how mild or spicy I want it. Store bought Mexican Tajin spice blend is an easy option too.
How to make chili margarita salt
To a the shallow bowl, mix zest of 1 lime, chili powder of choice, and salt. Mix well. Rub the flesh of a fresh lime around the rim of your glasses then dip and turn the glass in the spice/salt mix.
If you’ve made this or any other recipe leave a comment below. I love to hear from my readers!
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (mild or spicy)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces (100 ml) clear tequila
- 4 jalapeño slices
- 4 ounces (118 ml) mango sorbet, defrosted (see note)
- 2 ounces (60 ml) fresh lime juice, about 2 limes
- To a shallow bowl the same circumference of your glass, add the lime zest, chili powder and salt, mix well.
- Cut the lime you zested into wedges and rub the flesh around of 2 glasses. Dip the rim of the glasses into the chili lime salt until evenly coated.
- Add the tequila and jalapeño slices to a cocktail shaker. Use a muddler or the end of a wooden spoon to muddle (press) the jalapeno slices into the tequila to make it spicy. Fill with ice, add the lime juice and mango sorbet. Shake for at least 10 seconds until chilled. Pour into the glasses over ice.
If you can’t get mango sorbet, blend 1 cup frozen defrosted mango or fresh mango with 1 teaspoon sugar.
Amount Per Serving Calories 432Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 0mgCarbohydrates 45g
This nutrition calculation is provided by Nutronix that is only a guideline and not intended for any particular diet.